Monday, August 8, 2011

Lonoy, Jagna, Bohol

I was born in Lonoy, Jagna, Bohol. I live here for more than 10 years and sometimes I still visit this place. I miss the serenity and simplicity living in a barrio like Lonoy.

Lonoy is located in the mountain part in Jagna, Bohol. It is just around 15-30 minutes of travel from the town's proper. It is part of the history because of The Battle of Lonoy. The Battle of Lonoy in 1901 was a bloody American surprise attack launched on Filipino insurgents that killed over 400 in the Philippine-American War.

Lonoy is already a parish and you can hear mass everyday. It has one elementary school and 1 high school.

What you should not miss when you visit this place is the "Tubod". Tubod is a cold spring where you can take a bath, drink fresh water, even wash your clothes. When I was young we sometimes look for some "soso" (shell) for our food.





Another nice spot to visit here is the Kinahugan Falls. Kinahugan Falls is located in the border line between Lonoy and Cabungaan. Expect a nice water falls and some beautiful trees around.



Ohh, I really miss this place especially now that I am living the city...

1 comment:

  1. -i was born in Lonoy, and lived for about 5 years, I was still young..but I can still remember Tubod-where we wash our clothes, fetched some drinking water and even taking a bath. And even look for soso, water grass and pako. :)

    ReplyDelete